What we do?
Bristol was officially recognised as a City of Sanctuary in 2010, and since then, with our supporters we have (and continue to) work hard to ensure that Bristol is a City of Sanctuary for all; that it is an inclusive and welcoming city.
- We build upon the amazing work that is already being done across the city, supporting local organisations to deliver services for refugees and asylum seekers.
- We work with local schools and colleges to help them become places of welcome for those seeking sanctuary.
- We organise events and conferences, celebrating sanctuary within the city whilst also looking at ways to tackle the injustice that can be faced by refugees and asylum seekers.
- We raise funds for our Bristol City of Sanctuary Transport Fund, which provides bus tickets for destitute asylum seekers and vulnerable refugees.
- We work with local businesses, helping them to explore ways that they can harness the gifts and talents of sanctuary seekers.