- This privacy notices provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.bristol.cityofsanctuary.org. Please note that we provide links to other websites whose privacy practices are outside our control and so cannot take responsibility for any links that you follow.
- What data do we collect?
Bristol City of Sanctuary collects the following data:
– Personal details (such as your name, email address, telephone number, work address etc.)
– Marketing and communications preferences (for example if you sign up to our newsletter.)
– Technical/non-personal data (such as pages visited, IP addresses.)
- How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
– Sign up as a contact, supporter or member
– Fill in a contact form on the website or email us directly
– Fill in a Gift Aid form
– Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- How will we use your data?
– To maintain and administer our membership list (if applicable)
– To send newsletters and other information, if consent has been given.
- How do we store your data?
Bristol City of Sanctuary securely stores your data. Your data will be stored on our database and so your personal data will be shared with the database providers.
We will only send newsletters and information to those who have consented. We will send these until we receive notification otherwise. You can do this by either opting out through the communication received or emailing us on [email protected]
- What are your data protection rights?
Our charity would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We will not charge a fee for this service. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing b[email protected] or write to us at our office address.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
We utilise cookies to help us understand your use of the website.
Bristol City of Sanctuary keeps this policy under review. It was last updated on the 12th of February 2020.
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.